A Starting Point

5/10/2017

When I started 2017, I thought I'd set an easy goal for myself: read twenty books. Compared to a lot of bloggers and bookstagrammers I follow, twenty is nothing. Laughable, even! Some people read twenty books in a MONTH! (Is this actually true? I hope-- for my own sake-- that it's not.) The difference is that the majority of people I'm pathetically comparing myself to don't have small children. Do you know how much time raising a 2- and 4-year-old takes? All of it. My days and nights are completely full of these tiny humans who need me for everything. When was the last time I went 12 hours without wiping another person's butt? I can't even remember. But I digress...

Twenty books.

It's May now, and I've read... six? And two of those (A Court of Thorns and Roses, and A Court of Mist and Fury) were re-reads in preparation for the release of the final book in the series, A Court of Wings and Ruin. (We'll get to this one really soon because I HAVE THOUGHTS.) The other books are: The Wish Granter, Uprooted, and A Million Worlds with You.

I'm not doing super well with keeping my resolution (though I'm still thinking about it in May, which is longer than a lot of people stick to their resolutions!) so I'm starting a blog for accountability. If we're being completely honest (and why shouldn't we?), I'm also starting this blog to feel like a functioning adult human being. I don't get a lot of opportunities to talk to people with an education level above preschool, so even if I'm just shouting (typing?) into the void, at least I'm doing it with grownup words.

So I guess... here we go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.